Sunday 10 June 2007

Hong Kong


IMG_5841.JPG, originally uploaded by mark benger.

Hello from a wet Hong Kong - I arrived wendsday to overcast skies, and apart from thursday I's done nothing but thunderstorms and rain since.

I've brought myself a Macbook, so I'm finally able to get more of my Photos online, I'ts taking a time to upload them all though, so watch my Flickr site for updates. The above picture was taken on my first night in HK, hence the lack of rain.

Overall HK is a strange mix of the familure, UK style roadsigns and driving on the left, with the exotic, but it is by far the easiest city so far to get arround in, since all signs are in english as well as Cantonese, and the translations have been done by someone who speaks english properly, a welcome change after the chinglish of Beijing.

As for Beijing, I did the usual round of the Forbidden citty (large and red), the Summer Palace (big park) and the great wall (two places, coast & mountains) while HK I did a tour of the major sites, but mostly just been wondering around and doing a bit of shoping - girls would love it here. Since it was very we today I went to visit the Museam of Coastal Defence, which would have been better in the dry, since it is based in an old fort, and a lot of exibits are outside.

Next stop Japan, tomorrow.

No comments: