Thursday 12 July 2007

Penang


IMG_6703.JPG, originally uploaded by mark benger.

Another day, another island paradise, its a tough life being a footloose traveller. :)

Decided to get some cool air and take the Penang Tram up to the top of the island, but the tram broke down about a quarter of the way up, leading to a slightly precarious walk back down alongside the track - I suppose it could have been worse, we could have been at the top with no way down.

Off to the Cameron Highlands tomorrow, a 3 1/2 hour van journey away. Strangely it costs the same to get from my hotel to Georgetown, the main town on the island, as from Georgetown to the highlands, go figure.



PS Laptop semi repaired - one of the memory banks was faulty, and had to be removed. I will have to wait till I get to Singapore before I can replace it tough

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mark its Jason from the ACA Lee told me you had decided to trek around the world, and he gave me the link to your blog today. Good to see you are enjoying yourself. Good luck and take care i will keep an eye on your tavels. Good photos on flicker.

Mark Benger said...

Hi Jase

Glad to see that I'm still managing to decrease the productivity at ACA

Mark

Anonymous said...

Hi Mark,

Good to see you're still 'out there'! Half way round yet?

All the best,

Andy, Madeleine & Eva