Wednesday 30 May 2007

Ulanbbatour, Mongolia

I reached country number two the day before yesterday - it took most of the day to cross from Russia to Mongolia, especially as there was a powercut on the Mongolian side of the border, thus delaying the processing of our passports.

I arrived in Ulambaatour, the capital, yesterday morning, then headed out to the countryside for some traditional Mongolian food and a bit of hiking, not to mention rock scrambling, although I did pass up the opportunity of a horse ride. Last night was spent in a traditional Ger, on a very hard bed, before returning to UB this morning for some further sightseeing. I will probably get an early night tonight since my train to Beijing leaves at 8:10, which means being at the station at 7:10.

Overall I'm having fun, and Mongolia is a lot nicer than Russia.

Mark

No comments: